Some of the following resources are specific to King County. For resources in your area, contact the Washington State 2-1-1 at 2-1-1 from a landline, 206-461-3200 or 800-621-4636 or 206-461-3610 for TTY/hearing impaired calls.
- Washington LawHelp: (online only) — Provides self-help legal information for renters, including detailed packets on repairs, deposits, small claims court and the eviction process.
- CLEAR Line Legal Help: 888-201-1014 — Northwest Justice Project’s free legal help and assistance for low-income Washington State residents. Open Mon–Fri, 9:15 am–12:15 pm.
- Housing Justice Project: 206-267-7090 — King County Bar Association’s walk-in legal information and assistance. Priority service for renters facing evictions. Open Mon–Fri, 8–10:30 am, in the King County Courthouse in Seattle and Kent Regional Justice Center. Seattle location also open Mon, 4–6 pm.
- Legal Action Center: 206-324-6890 — A part of Catholic Community Services, Legal Action Center offers legal advice and assistance for low-income Seattle renters facing eviction, repair problems, deposit loss, subsidy termination, lockouts and other issues.
- Neighborhood Legal Clinics: 206-267-7070 — King County Bar Association’s legal clinics located across King County, NLC attorneys can provide a free half hour of legal advice to renters, regardless of income.