News more »
In this section
Before using this information, please read:
To read the specific laws in the WA State Residential Landlord-Tenant Act, click on the RCW (Revised Code of Washington) links throughout the Tenant Services website.
Tenants Union Tenant Counselors are not attorneys, and this information should not be considered legal advice. Please read our full Tenant Union Disclaimer.
- Does the landlord have to take a copy of my credit report if I provide one?
- What if something on my credit report is incorrect or was placed there illegally?
- Can the landlord screen someone I want to move into my house with me?
- I have a family member or partner who lives elsewhere, but will be staying over regularly in my unit. What are my rights?
- I’m concerned that my former landlord will misrepresent my rental history to a new potential landlord and give me a bad reference. What can I do?
- If I won in eviction court, or was evicted illegally, can the eviction be used against me in the screening process?
- Can the landlord ask me my social security number or bank account numbers on the rental application?