News more »
Also in Domestic Violence & Harassment
Before using this information, please read:
To read the specific laws in the WA State Residential Landlord-Tenant Act, click on the RCW (Revised Code of Washington) links throughout the Tenant Services website.
Tenants Union Tenant Counselors are not attorneys, and this information should not be considered legal advice. Please read our full Tenant Union Disclaimer.
Domestic Violence Resources
More details and information coming soon.
- Landlord-Tenant Issues for Survivors of Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, Unlawful Harassment and/or Stalking
- Domestic Violence and Your Housing Rights (PDF)
- HUD Issues Guidance on Discrimination Complaints from Victims of Domestic Violence
- The Rights of Domestic Violence Survivors in Public and Subsidized Housing
- The Impact of VAWA on Housing Rights and Options of Survivors of Domestic and Sexual Violence
- RCW 59.18.575: Breaking a lease due to domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking or unlawful harrassment
- RCW 59.18.575: Changing locks
- RCW 59.18.585: Changing locks
- RCW 59.18.580: Discrimination protection for survivors
- Washington State Domestic Violence Hotline: *800-562-6025
- Washington State Coalition Against Domestic Violence